FlexDM Migration Services
Built on Vicom's proven success in hundreds of enterprise migrations, FlexDM services take enterprise data migration to a new level: non-disruptive and no-outage data migration, made available in flexible service offerings from turnkey project delivery to service and technology assistance for major migrations.
Flexible Migration Options
Online, offline, or migration project assistance - choose the type and level of service based on your specific operating, resource, and budgeting needs. More >>
- Online or Offline Migration. Keep your applications up and running as Vicom migrates data over several weeks in the background. Or, have Vicom migrate the data at high speed and complete the migration offline during a few weekend maintenance periods. Or choose a combination of both methods to keep business-critical applications running while reducing overall migration time.
- Turnkey Migration Service. A Vicom specialist will plan the migration, migrate the data (online or offline), assist in remediating your servers, and document the process. Vicom assumes project responsibility and backs it with an on-time guarantee. This service is ideal for small to midsize migrations with tight deadlines and/or limited internal resources.
- Migration Assistance. With FlexDM Data Center Migration Services, you can customize migration services from Vicom as circumstances require. Designed for mid-size to large migrations, a Vicom specialist will manage the following services to meet your requirements:
- Plan and migrate data for SAN and NAS storage systems. Depending on budget and operating requirements, the migration may be managed onsite or remotely.
- Special migration services. Migration services for clustered servers, Windows LUN re-alignment, Secure erasure of migrated data and boot LUNs. Additional services are available under a custom Statement of Work.
- Server Remediation. A Vicom specialist will assist in remediating designated servers.
Specialized Data Migration Services
In addition to different migration delivery methods, Vicom also offers services such as boot LUN migration, NTFS LUN re-alignment, and data sanitization. More >>
LUN Migration and Data Sanitization Services
Vicom provides optional support for special requirements such as boot LUN migration, NTFS LUN re-alignment, and data sanitization.
- Boot LUN migration Boot LUNs enable server booting from the SAN. Under this option, the Vicom appliance is used to migrate the server external boot LUN from old to new storage.
- NTFS LUN re-alignmentThis service resolves the default NTFS partition misalignment that can occur in migrations under Windows. The problem comes about when a partition with an offset of 63 sectors is created and introduces a boundary misalignment that adds I/O overhead. The FlexDM appliance corrects NTFS alignment as data is migrated to the new storage system.
- Data SanitizationThis service clears hard drives of sensitive or classified information by overwriting data onto the drives. It is frequently used upon return of a leased system or to comply with regulatory and/or security requirements.
Depending on your selection, data migration pricing is calculated based on the number of terabytes or servers, plus onsite service preferences. A Vicom service partner can provide you with a quote in minutes after your provide a few simple answers on the size of your migration and when it must be completed.
Free Migration Assessment
To assist your decision-making, Vicom offers a free site survey and assessment of your migration requirements through any of our reseller partners. The survey will gather actual information on your SAN configuration, while the assessment will provide you with an implementation plan and the time required to complete the migration.
Please consult your Vicom migration reseller or Vicom service representative to arrange for a free appraisal and a quote